The Idiom

Can You Grok It? Free Grokistan!

Sunday, January 30, 2005

She's Got Sue Simmon's Hair

Now the time has come (Time!)
There's no place to run (Time!)
I might get burned up by the sun (Time!)
But I had my fun (Time!)
I've been loved and put aside (Time!)
I've been crushed by the tumbling tide (Time!)
And my soul has been psychedelicized (Time!)

Just saw a commercial on NBC for the local news team of Sue Simmons and Chuck Scarborough, set to that awesome tune by the Chambers Brothers.

The fascinating thing is that Sue and Chuck have been the local news anchors for 25 freakin' years! How sad is that? Man even Jack Cafferty moved on to CNN.

You gotta believe that somewhere in the bowels of WNBC, New York there are a bunch of ambitious news producers thinking "When are those two freaks going to die already???"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home