The Idiom

Can You Grok It? Free Grokistan!

Sunday, January 30, 2005

Abso-freakin-lutley

Iraqi Voting Disrupts News Reports of Bombings

(2005-01-30) -- News reports of terrorist bombings in Iraq were marred Sunday by shocking graphic images of Iraqi "insurgents" voting by the millions in their first free democratic election.hat tip Instapundit
The Iraqi Election Commission is now reporting a 72% turnout with less than an hour to go in the polling. FOX News reports that voting activity was substantial even in Fallujah.

Kid Various hopes to God that this turns out to be the case. And that even the defeatist collaborators in the MSM will have to admit that something positive can happen in Iraq. Perhaps they should be reading blogs like this:

This was my way to stand against those who humiliated me, my family and my friends. It was my way of saying,” You’re history and you don’t scare me anymore”. It was my way to scream in the face of all tyrants, not just Saddam and his Ba’athists and tell them, “I don’t want to be your, or anyone’s slave. You have kept me in your jail all my life but you never owned my soul”. It was my way of finally facing my fears and finding my courage and my humanity again …



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home