Today on a very special The Idiom
Today on a very special The Idiom Afterschool Special, we confront the very real issue of blogoholism.
Do you or your friends think you are spending too much time with your blog? Maybe you should take a moment to answer this questionnaire:
1. Have you ever tried to quit blogging for a period of time and started back in a day or two?
2. Do you resent people telling you what to do about your blogging or voicing their concern?
3. Have you tried to alter your blogging behavior by switching from one form of blogging to another? i.e. posting or commenting, commenting or posting.
4. Do you ever need to blog to get started in the morning or to stop the shakes?
5. Are you envious of people who blog without getting into trouble?
6. Have there been problems connected with your blogging in the past year?
7. Has your blogging caused problems within your household or with your significant others?
8. Do you ever blog to prepare for a party or blog while you are there?
9. Do you tell yourself you can stop blogging when you want to, but continue to blog when you don't mean to?
10. Do you miss days at work or school because of your blogging?
11. Do you have blackouts when you are blogging?
12. Do you ever feel that your life would improve if you did not blog?
13. Do you have hours long discussions about your blog and what are the best posts on your blog and whether or not you should post the greatest hits of your blog or hold a poll about the greatest hits of your blog?
If you answered yes to 4 or more of these questions then the possibility exist that you have a blogging problem. It may be a good idea to attend a meeting of Blogoholics Anonymous and listen to the stories of others who have an acknowledged blogging problem. BA has helped many to regain their lives and to live once again with purpose and direction.
Inspired by Twisty. Maybe we all need an intervention?