The Idiom

Can You Grok It? Free Grokistan!

Monday, February 21, 2005

An observation...

Have you noticed in the blogosphere, the tendency of bloggers to replace common words with “blog” as a prefix, suffix or syllable? For example blogdex, blogophile, blogocracy, catblogging, blogoholic, blogsploitation, catablog to name a few. This reminds me of smurf language, as in “that’s just smurfy” or “go to smurf!”


Or more perhaps precisely on point it reminds me of Marklar. As in Episode 311: Starvin' Mavin in Space:

Kyle: Wait. Wait. I think I can explain this whole thing. Marklar, these marklars want to change your marklar. They don't want Marklar or any of these marklars to live here because it's bad for their marklar. They use Marklar to try and force marklars to believe they're marklar. If you let them stay here, they will build marklars and marklars. They will take all your marklars and replace them with Marklar. These marklar have no good marklar to live on Marklar, so they must come here to Marklar. Please, let these marklars stay where they can grow and prosper without any marklars, marklars, eh or marklars.

Ohhh, I've wasted my life...