The Idiom

Can You Grok It? Free Grokistan!

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Great Photos of the 20th Century, Cont'd

Another in a series of great photographs of the modern era. Well, not photograph per se. Let's use the term "image."

A perfect blending of our sensibilities at The Idiom; Warner Brothers cartoons and comics (and, if you think of it - a subtle commentray on the War.*)


Plus it allows us to make our monthly quota on Green Lantern references and link to the greatest headline of all time.



*Think of that other body pledged to defend civilization against barbaric evil...


In brightest day,
In blackest night.
Let no evil escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might
Beware my power,
Liberty's light!

1 Comments:

At Saturday, August 27, 2005 at 11:02:00 AM EDT, Blogger Jeff Faria said...

OK, so Daffy Duck was on a US stamp and getting a lot of billboard space, couple years ago. Whenever I'd see one, I'd ask whoever was with me: What's the advantage of getting a Daffy Duck stamp? When (of course) they did not know, I would lean in close and, using my spraying-est Daffy imitation, say:

"CAUSTTHHHE ITSTHHHH PREEE-MOISTHHHHHENED!"

Feel free.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home